Shoplifter Makes Off with TV Set From CVS
In addition to a number of warrant arrests the past few days, police responded to a report of a shoplifter snatching a TV set from CVS.
These are excerpts from reports in the Danvers police log from Friday through Monday.
- Scott Rutkowski, 24, of 14 Main St., Woburn, was arrested on a warrant at Motel 6 at 12:23 p.m. The warrant was out of Malden District Court.
- A female driver was transported to Beverly Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after a single car accident on Ferncroft Road. The driver, a North Shore Community College student, told police she was pulling out of the school exit when she lost control of the vehicle due to the road conditions. Police said the road surface was wet that day.
- Vincent Savarese, 56, who lives at the Motel 6 on Route 1 in Danvers, was arrested on five outstanding warrants at 7:24 p.m. Police said the warrants were from Lynn, Peabody, Boston and Chelsea courts for motor vehicle, larceny and drug charges.
- Pedro Elena, 35, of 4 Rice St., Salem, was arrested on Route 114 for driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation, following a motor vehicle stop at 2:32 a.m.
- Charles Ouimet, 27, of 25 Mill St., Beverly, was arrested on Route 114 for driving with a suspended or revoked registration, a subsequent offense of driving with a revoked license and in an uninsured vehicle, following a car accident at 3:56 a.m. There were no injuries reported.
- One person was transported to Salem Hospital, complaining of pain, following a two-car accident at 2:01 p.m. in the parking lot outside Bed Bath & Beyond. Police said one car hit a second vehicle while making a turn.
- Cesar Jimenez, 31, of 30 Dracut St., Lawrence, was arrested for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding and following a motor vehicle stop on Route 114 at Ipswich River Road at 3:39 a.m. Police said Jimenez was doing 58 in a 40 mph zone.
- A caller working out at Planet Fitness reported at 11:19 a.m. that someone stole a jacket hanging up in the locker room. The jacket contained a wallet and keys.
- Police responded to a report of shoplifting at the CVS pharmacy off Endicott Street at 6:44 p.m. Someone stole a TV set.
- A student at the Holten-Richmond Middle School was taken into custody on a warrant from juvenile court at 10:32 a.m. Police said the offense was unrelated to school.
- Peter Duval, 42, of 221 Rolling Green Dr., Fall River, was arrested at CAB Health Services on warrant from Fall River at 10:45 a.m.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle accident on I-95 North at Centre Street at 3:54 p.m. Personal injuries were initially reported, but not further details were yet available.
- Police responded to a report of shoplifting at Kohl’s at 4:25 p.m. No further details were yet available.