Thief Makes Off with Cash During Unarmed Robbery
The following is an excerpt from reports in the Danvers police log from Sunday through Monday.
- Stephen McCarthy, 54, of 1 Felton St., Peabody, was arrested on Water Street near the Crane River Laundromat at 5:31 p.m. for driving under influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of property damage (car accident) and a marked lanes violation. Three officers located McCarthy moments after he fled the scene on foot after striking a pickup truck traveling in the opposite lane with his Honda Acura. There was extensive damage to the front-end of the Acura and to the end rear-end of the truck. There were no injuries, according to police.
- Joshua Picariello, 23, and James Picariello, 54, both of 6 Bagley Ave., Danvers, were both arrested at their home around 9:30 p.m. following a domestic dispute. Read the full story here.
- At 9:28 a.m., police responded to a report of malicious damage to a picnic table behind the Montessori Center at 12 Bradstreet Ave. The damage was inflicted sometime over the weekend.
- At 9:41 a.m., police received a report of some prescription medication stolen from an apartment on Route 1.
- At 10:06 a.m., officers responded to a report of a past break-in at Martin's Construction Co. on Garden Street. Two concrete saws worth about $1,000 were stolen sometime overnight. Police said the thieves gained entry to the business by cutting a padlock.
- At 10:38 a.m., police received a report that a bicycle was stolen from a Centre Street address.
- At 1:16 p.m., police responded to a report of an unarmed robbery at A Shade Down in the Endicott Plaza Shopping Center off Endicott Street. The store clerk said a clean-shaven black male, about six-foot four-inches with a thin build, entered the store and walked around the counter to an office in back. The suspect grabbed an unknown amount of cash and pushed his way outside when confronted by the clerk. The man fled on foot and police were unable to locate him.
- At 2:02 p.m., a four-car accident was reported on Poplar Street. Police said three cars had stopped for a crossing guard when a fourth car struck the third one in line. That driver was cited for failure to use care in stopping and all four drivers were treated for various minor injuries. Their cars were towed away.
- At 3:34 p.m., Lynn police reported a man arrested in that city had a Glock handgun in his possession that was reported stolen in Danvers in 2008.
- At 4:14 p.m., a Hyundai Elantra was reported stolen from a Kirkbride Drive residence.