THIS WEEKEND: Hip Hop and Hope, Running of the Brides and More
Wondering what to do this weekend? Here are our picks around the North Shore.
It's officially the weekend, Danvers. Not sure how you're going to spend it?
- Where: Monster Mini Golf, Danvers
- When: Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- What: Danvers Girl Scout Troop 63181 will be hosting a Girl Scout cookie booth sale on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Monster Mini Golf, 10 Newbury St, Danvers
- Where: Bella Sera Bridal, Danvers
- When: Doors will open at 9 a.m. and the sale will run until 5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23.
- What: The North Shore's own version of the famous "Running of the Brides" is coming to Bella Sera Bridal on Saturday in the form of its "Designer Dash."
- Where: Glen Urquhart School, Beverly
- When: Friday, 7 p.m.
- What: Evening with singer songwriters Dave Provost & friends Ted DeMille and Susie West. Dave Provost has been playing profesionally since the age of 19 and was the winner of the New England Songwriting award in 2009. DeMille is a talented singer song-writer whose songs have been covered by national and local bluegrass artists. He conducts songwriting workshops for the North Atlantic Arts Alliance at the Ossipee Valley Music Festival. Santa Monica based singer song-writer Susie West has worked with Herb Pedersen (of the famed Desert Rose Band) and members of Lyle Lovett's band. Admission is free and open to the public.
- Where: Sea Change Theatre Company, Beverly
- When: Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
- What: Known for their innovative and imaginative productions, opera company Dramma per Musica joins Sea Change Theatre Company to present Xerxes: A Comedy of Errors. This program is supported in part by a grant from the Beverly Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
- Where: Endicott College, Beverly
- When: Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
- What: Endicott College brings together artists and scholars of hip hop, rap, dance, jazz, gospel and choral music together for Gospel Journeys II: Hip Hop and Hope.