'Twilight Saga' Brings Out the Thief in Local Man
This is an excerpt from reports in the Danvers police log from Sunday through Wednesday.
- A male party was caught at Walmart at 5:50 p.m. after stealing a pair of sunglasses from the store. No charges were filed.
- Paul Smith, 28, of 92 Wenham St., Danvers, wasn't as lucky as that man. Smith was arrested at Walmart at 6:51 p.m. and charged with shoplifting after stealing a memory card, other various computer-related items and a DVD copy of "Eclipse," the third installment in the popular tween series, "The Twilight Saga."
- At 2:25 p.m., a female resident on Palmer Avenue reported unauthorized use of her debit card for a $235 purchase online.
- At 11:31 p.m., an employee at Denny's reported a customer left without paying the bill.
- Joseph Gardino, 19, of 4 Bishop Rd., Danvers was arrested at Walmart at 1:31 p.m. for shoplifting after he and another teen stole audiovisual equipment and "World of Warcraft" from the store. Loss prevention chased the pair from the store on foot and police found Gardino behind Herb Chambers Chevrolet and arrested him. Police said the shoplifters had a car, but didn't use it to escape. A court summons was issued for the second teen, later identified as a 19-year-old Danvers male.
- Co H.Vo, 32, of 49 Hill Rd., Belmont, was arrested for larceny over $250 at The Sports Authority at 4:42 p.m. Police said he stole fishing reels and cargo pants, worth a total of $319.
- An employee at Dental Care on Sylvan Street reported she noticed the door was ajar upon arriving at the office at 7:18 a.m. There was no sign of forced entry from the outside, but police did find some office cabinets were forced open. Cash and a camera were stolen.
- At 10:49 a.m., a resident on Kirkbride Drive reported her Pontiac Grand Am was damaged. The passenger side mirror was removed and the ignition was damaged. Police suspect it is a domestic issue.
- An officer reported finding graffiti written with a marker on a curb on Holten Street.
- Bruce Pointer, 28, of 51 Bradford Rd., Peabody, was arrested at 80 Newbury St. at 2:11 p.m. on multiple charges related to his theft of copper piping from the building. See related story.