Will the DHS Field House Be Ready On Time?
The high school renovations are running smoothly, but will the field house be ready on time? Find out in this week's You Ask, Patch Answers.
We've been providing regular updates to the Danvers High School renovation project, and so far, everything has progressed smoothly.
The field house has been projected to open at the start of the new semester in January. Will it be finished on schedule?
Find out in this week's You Ask, Patch Answers.
According to Town Manager Wayne Marquis, the high school field house will be delivered on January 3, 2012, on schedule.
This week the floors are being installed, and the high efficiency lights will be completed soon. Marquis also noted that for the first time the field house will have natural light coming in.
There are a few things that will still need to be worked on, though. Permanent bleachers will not be delivered until sometime in February, and the contractor will be obligated to bring in temporary bleachers at their cost.
Marquis also said the contractor is working hard to complete the locker rooms by January 3, but it may take anywhere from a day, to a week or two after that for the locker rooms to be completed.
The entire project is slated to be completed by April of 2012.
Check out some of our past coverage of the DHS renovation project:
- IMAGE GALLERY: Danvers High Renovations Half Way To Completion Aug. 2011
- IMAGE GALLERY: DHS Renovations Underway June 2011
- IMAGE GALLERY: Work Moving Briskly at Danvers High April 2011
- Public Officials and Contractors Break Ground on Bulk of High School Renovations Dec. 2010
- Town Awards High School Contract to Bacon Nov. 2010
- Work Progressing Smoothly on Danvers High Renovations Oct. 2010