Woman Attacked By Potentially Rabid Cat
The following excerpts were provided by the Danvers Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Danvers Police log:
Tuesday, May 29
- "Smoking and foul language" were reported at the Skate Park at 5:23 p.m. When police arrived on scene, those in question had already left.
- A non-domestic dispute was reported at Ira Toyota at 8:32 p.m.
Wednesday, May 30
- Police were dispatched to a Maple Street apartment at 3:37 a.m. on a report of disturbing the peace. A woman was reportedly singing in the upstairs apartment and it was regarded as a noise complaint. The woman was spoken to.
- Two patients at the Hunt Nursing Home were reported to be having a non domestic dispute at 3:16 p.m. The situation was handled without the police's involvement.
- Police arrested John Andrews Jr., 34 of 102 Newbury St., at the Extended Stay Inn, on charges of domestic assault and battery and attempted murder, at 5:32 p.m.
- A female was reportedly attacked by a potentially rabid cat on Riding Club Road at 6:30 p.m. Sergeant Robert Bettencourt said the woman was not bitten, but Animal Control was notified to test the cat for rabies.
- Police were dispatched to the Dollar Tree at 8:04 p.m. on report of a person threatening to spit in another individual's face. When police got there, the person was gone.
Thursday, May 31
- Medications were reported stolen from the Extended Stay Inn at 10:20 a.m.
- A garden ornament was reported stolen from a Dartmouth Street residence at 12:10 p.m.
- Police were dispatched to Shetland Road on report of a sick skunk at 2:06 p.m.
- A dispute over property was reported on Newbury Street at 3:44 p.m.
For more information about the log, contact email@example.com