Woman Takes Wrong Turn; Man Arrested in Drug Deal
This is an excerpt from reports in the Danvers police log from Wednesday through Sunday.
- At 6:22 p.m., an officer issued a citation for marijuana possession after making a motor vehicle stop for a headlight that was out and an expired sticker at the corner of Calumet Road and North Street. Police said 0.19 grams of pot was found in the car.
- At 1:48 a.m., a fight was reported at Denny's on Endicott Street. Police said a customer was inside, swearing and causing a disturbance. The person was asked to cease and desist by the staff, which the customer took offense at, but the party left without further problems after police arrived.
- Melanie Mazzone, 36, of 26 Bray St., Gloucester, was arrested in the Denny's parking lot at 5:51 a.m. after she took an illegal left-hand turn out of the Dunkin' Donuts exit across the street and police subsequently found a warrant for her arrest from Gloucester on drug possession charges. Police also found two bottles in Mazzone's car of Adirol and Oxycontin, plus a Percocet pill she didn't have a prescription for. She was arrested on the warrant, for giving a false name to an officer, driving with a suspended license, failure to obey a stop sign and illegal possession of a substance (the Percocet).
- At 11:48 a.m., a male party reported he received a phone call that he won $285,000 in a sweepstakes and he then needed to pay $2,850 to claim his prize. Police said the man suspected a swindle and called the station. He also received two more phone calls assuring him someone would be by to pick up the money.
- At 12:31 p.m., a caller reported someone was trying to break into a car in the Essex Street Municipal Parking Lot. The suspect was gone when police arrived, but an officer caught up with the suspect later who denied any criminal activities and said he left the scene because a person was yelling at him.
- Stephen Parsons, 32, of 11 Sea Fox Ln., Gloucester, was arrested at 1:43 p.m. on three counts of illegal possession of prescription drugs after detectives on surveillance at the Liberty Tree Mall observed Parsons and another male in what turned out to be a drug deal in the parking lot near Kelly's Roast Beef. Police said officers lost the second man in the mall area and found Adirol, Xanax and Valium in Parson's possession.
- At 3:17 p.m., police responded to a report of a jacket theft from a locker at Danvers High School.
- At 5:34 p.m., police responded to a car accident at the intersection of Maple and Pine streets. One driver was transported to Beverly Hospital with minor injuries. A citation was issued for failure to yield the right of way.
- At 6:35 p.m., a caller on Winthrop Street reported someone tried to steal a scooter from the residence, scratching it in the process.
- Kayla Govoni, 19, of 98 Bradstreet Ave., Danvers, was arrested at her residence at 5:22 a.m. on two counts of disorderly conduct. Police initially responded to the scene on a report of a cell phone theft to find the teen walking down the street, yelling and swearing, with a man (her father) driving a car alongside her, yelling back. Police said the noise was bringing neighbors outside and warned the teen to quiet down. She refused and was ultimately taken into custody.
- At 5:39 a.m., a resident reported receiving threatening text messages from a person in Rowley. Police said it was a domestic issue.
- At 7:27 a.m., a caller reported a motor vehicle hit-and-run on Webb Street. A vehicle hit a parked car, damaging the taillight and the right rear quarter panel.
- At 7:54 a.m., police responded to a report of a smashed car window on Kirkbride Drive.
- At 10:10 a.m., a caller reported a GPS device was stolen overnight from a car on Kirkbride Drive and the window was broken. Around 10:50 a.m., a second car break-in was reported. A GPS device and a pair of sunglasses were stolen.
- At 3:53 p.m., a caller reported a Mongoose bicycle parked outside Lowe's was stolen.
- Sherry Barnhart, 20, of 39 Winterbrook Road, Campton, N.H., was arrested for shoplifting at Kohl's at 6:37 p.m. Shauna Martin, 23, of 9 Lenox St., Beverly, was also arrested for larceny over $250. The pair stole various Christmas-themed items from the store.
- At 7 p.m., police responded to a report of a domestic assault and battery at a Lafayette Avenue residence.
- Daniel Kryzynski, 41, of 2322 Kirkbride Dr., Danvers, was arrested his residence at 9:09 p.m. on a warrant for motor vehicle charges, following a report of a domestic disturbance.
- Kimberly Barror, 38, of 80 Essex St., Beverly, was arrested on South Liberty Street at 11:20 a.m., following a motor vehicle stop. She was charged with driving with a suspended license, in an unregistered vehicle and no inspection sticker in addition to a warrant on further motor vehicle violations.