Invite a friend
Board of Selectmen Meeting
Agenda – April 17, 2012 – 6:15 P.M.
Town Manager’s Conference Room, Town Hall
The Board will vote to adjourn to Executive Session for the purpose of discussing contract negotiations, returning to Public Session at approximately 7 P.M. in the Daniel J. Toomey Hearing Room.
Agenda – April 17, 2012 – 7 P.M.
Daniel J. Toomey Hearing Room, Town Hall
Pledge of Allegiance
1. Approval of Minutes of April 3, 2012.
2. New public business.
3. The Board is requested to proclaim Friday, April 27, as “Arbor Day.”
4. The Board is in receipt of an application by Danvers High School Baseball to hold a car wash at the 3 Holten Street Parking Lot on Saturday, May 19, 9 A.M.–1 P.M.
5. The Board is in receipt of an application by Danvers High School DECA for a 5K road race on Sunday, May 27, starting at 10 A.M., beginning and ending at Danvers High School.
6. The Board is in receipt of an application by Lucky 7 Arcade LLC, Liberty Tree Mall, for 41 COAD’s at that location.
7. The Board is in receipt of an application by Four Seasons Motor Cars, LLC, 85 Constitution Lane, Suite 3DA-1, to show a change in the ownership of the LLC from Semen Terechin and Dainis Klavin to Petros and Gayane Demirtshyan.
8. The Board is in receipt of a request from Attorney Nancy McCann relative to the placement of an Article on the Warrant for the Annual Town Meeting.
9. Correspondence and Selectmen “New Business.”
10. The Town Manager will update the Board on various items of interest.
11. The Board will discuss the status of contract negotiations.
12. The Board will conclude its review of the Annual Town Meeting Warrant.
13. Selectmen closing comments.
More About Town Hall
The Town Hall, originally built in 1855, is home to most of the local government offices in town. Here, residents can pay their tax bills, get a marriage license, buy a trash sticker, file or lookup building plans and peruse materials submitted to the Board of Selectmen, Zoning Board of Appeals or other town boards. The selectmen also meet on most Tuesday nights in the Meeting Room.
At 1 Sylvan St. you can find offices for the accounting, assessor's, code administration, human resources, purchasing, parking clerk, planning, public health, recreation, town clerk, treasurer/collector, town manager and veterans' services departments. The public works director's office is also in Town Hall. Contact information for all offices is online.
The town manager is Wayne Marquis, an institution in his own right - he has eclipsed three decades on the job.