- The Veterans of Foreign Wars Charles Davis Post 2359 received a special plaque Monday night for its service in on behalf of local veterans. The award was produced by the Postal Service under an act of Congress in 1999 to mark the 100th anniversary of the VFW organization in the United States. The award is a collection of first-day-of-issue stamps with a red, white and blue stripe motif. Danvers resident Lawrence Call, a member of both the VFW Post and the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, was also honored for his 10 years of supervising use of the VFW hall for U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary meetings and public education classes. Call, who is an instructor and a rescue boat crew member, was praised as a "dependable, alert and stalwart Auxiliarist."
- Danvers National Little League is holding its final tryout session Thursday at Tapley Park at 5:30 p.m.
- Make a free pink stretch band and bracelet Saturday at A.C. Moore from 1-3 p.m. to show your support for in the fight against breast cancer.
- The Kiwanis Club of Danvers hosts its 29th Annual Eliminate 5K on Saturday to support work to eliminate the deadly disease of maternal/neonatal tetanus. The race starts and ends at the high school and is sponsored by Beverly Hospital.
- The Giving Hope Foundation is holding a fundraiser Zumba dance for leukemia research Saturday at the Danvers YMCA.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.