- Prior to the Board of Selectmen's meeting on Tuesday, the Pillsbury Foundation will present several grant awards to the town. That event is also in the Toomey Room at Town Hall (6:30 p.m.). The selectmen then meet at 7 p.m. and you can find the agenda here.
- Laura Prescott is back at the library Wednesday evening for the second part in a series of genealogy.
- Jeremy D’Entremont is at the library Oct. 23 to talk about "Haunted Lighthouses of New England"...or are they? D'Entremont shares firsthand knowledge of some of the mystifying tales and spine-chilling events that have taken place in New England lighthouses.
- Tryouts are coming up for Danvers Girls Basketball for the 2013-2014 season at Holten-Richmond Middle School. Here's the schedule: Oct. 24, 6th graders from 6-7 p.m., 7th graders from 7-8 p.m. and 8th graders from 8-9 p.m. Oct. 29, 6th graders, 6-7 p.m., 7th graders, 7-8 p.m., 8th graders from 8-9 p.m. Check out www.danversgirlsbasketball.org for more details.
- The Polish Club is taking a bus down to Foxwoods on Sunday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.