Today is Tuesday, Dec. 10. Here are five things to know today
- This is the last week for yard waste collection at the curb. Leaves and yard waste should be placed out in separate barrels or paper yard waste bags along with your trash and recycling and JRM will collect on your trash day. If your yard waste didn’t get picked up, however, call the DPW at 978-777-0001 ext. 3011. You can also take leaves and brush over to the Transfer Station on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays from 7 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. You need to buy a $15 brush permit first at the Town Clerk's office. The sticker is for unlimited disposal for the year and you can find further guidelines here for disposal.
- On Wednesday, there's a forum all about beavers in town -- everything you wanted to know and then some. Town officials had promised to hold an informational meeting for residents after beaver dams caused flooding problems around the Brentwood Circle area this summer. The dams were broken up and a professional trapper was hired by the town to exterminate those particulars beavers, but the town is looking into a more permanent solution to discourage any further beaver activity. Pat Huckery, the Northeast Supervisor for the Mass. Division of Fisheries & Wildlife, will be giving a presentation as well on beaver management. The forum is scheduled for 7-8:30 p.m. at the senior center.
- Other town board meetings this week: The Planning Board meets on Tuesday (7 p.m.), the Board of Health meets Wednesday (5 p.m.) and the Conservation Commission and the Recreation Committee both meet Thursday (7 [p.m.).
- The North Shore Community Development Coalition is holding its 9th Annual No Place Like Home dinner and auction at the Danversport Yacht Club on Wednesday. The event is 6-9 p.m. during which the annual Pillars of the Community Awards will be announced.
- Santa visits RTN Federal Credit Union for Member Appreciation Day. The event features free photos with Santa, refreshments, giveaways, activities for kids and a raffle for Patriots vs. Browns tickets. The event is free for members and non-members who come into the branches. Santa will be at the Danvers branch at 29 Andover St. from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday.