- Lena's Subs: Pretty soon you'll be able to pick up a sub from Lena's again along with your horse feed and hay, and hungry joggers, walkers and cyclists along the rail trail can stop in for a bite to eat at the sub shop slated to open at Danvers Agway. Daniel And Christine Wildes, owners of the Wenham Street store, will be before selectmen Tuesday night for a common victualler's license. The Wildes, who say they are re-opening the same Lena's that used to be on High Street, were before the Zoning Board of Appeals in October for approval to install a loading platform as well as the aforementioned retail sub shop within their existing building. The Wildes have posted a few updates via Facebook since then -- construction began in late December -- and hope to open in the spring.
- The Danvers High Athletic Facilities Committee is also scheduled to present a report to selectmen. The committee has been reviewing options to upgrade the existing athletic facilities at the high school with the possibility of converting the football stadium into a turf field.
- Snow Ball Dance: The Danvers Community YMCA is planning a Snow Ball Dance Feb. 1 and will be before selectmen to ask for a one-day beer and wine license for the event. There will also be a live band, food, auctions and prizes. The party is planned 7 p.m. - midnight. Tickets are $50 each. Proceeds go to financial assistance programs. Email Deb Barrowclough at email@example.com.
- The Department of Public Works will give an update on the trash and recycling collection program in town as well as another briefing on those remaining double utility poles.
- Where and when: The board will initially meet at 6 p.m. in the Town Manager's Conference Room at Town Hall to review pending matters in litigation with Town Counsel. The board will then reconvene downstairs in the Toomey Room at 7 p.m. for the regular meeting.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.