Today is Wednesday, Dec. 11. Here are five things to know today in Danvers.
- Do need some help in your job search? Stop by the Gordon Room at the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. for some expert advice. The North Shore Career Center and the Resource Connection, Inc. Staffing Specialists will be providing a panel of human resource experts. Bring your resume and questions.
- On Wednesday, there's a forum all about beavers in town -- everything you wanted to know and then some. Town officials had promised to hold an informational meeting for residents after beaver dams caused flooding problems around the Brentwood Circle area this summer. The dams were broken up and a professional trapper was hired by the town to exterminate those particulars beavers, but the town is looking into a more permanent solution to discourage any further beaver activity. Pat Huckery, the Northeast Supervisor for the Mass. Division of Fisheries & Wildlife, will be giving a presentation as well on beaver management. The forum is scheduled for 7-8:30 p.m. at the senior center.
- Other town board meetings this week: The Board of Health meets Wednesday (5 p.m.) and the Conservation Commission and the Recreation Committee both meet Thursday (7 [p.m.).
- The North Shore Community Development Coalition is holding its 9th Annual No Place Like Home dinner and auction at the Danversport Yacht Club on Wednesday. The event is 6-9 p.m. during which the annual Pillars of the Community Awards will be announced.
- There's a free holiday circus show up at Yellow Jackets in Middleton on Thursday. Students will be showcasing the skills they've been learning this fall.