- Stop by the Children's Room at the library this morning for some Music with Dara. Kids use their creativity to "incorporates familiar songs, nursery rhymes, rhythmic activities, creative movement and instrument playing." This event starts at 10 a.m.
- Town board meetings: The Planning Board meets Tuesday (7 p.m.) at Town Hall and you can find the agenda here. The Rail Trail Advisory Committee meets Thursday (6 p.m.) and the High School Athletic Field Committee meets Thursday as well (6:30 p.m.) in the conference room at 2 Burroughs St.
- In case you missed it, neighbors who live near Whipple's Hill are asking the town to consider buying the land to preserve it as open space.
- Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston is holding a fundraiser Aug. 15 for its annual walk. The benefit will be held at The Atrium with Kim Carrigan as emcee for the night.
- The first annual peach festival is coming up Aug. 17 at Connors Farm. Admission is $6 and there will be music, barnyard animals, a bounce house and jumping pillow, duck races, pedal carts, hayrides, cow train and a grain train. A portion of the proceeds from the day benefit the National Breast Cancer Association.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.