- Extra long weekend: Not only will schools be closed Monday in observance of Columbus Day, students get Friday off as well while all Danvers Public School staff participate in a professional development day.
- Columbus Day: Town Hall, the library and other town offices will also all be closed in observance of the holiday Monday.
- Bowling: National Family Bowling Day is Saturday. While we haven't heard about any special deals or events planned locally, it is a great reminder what fun bowling can be. Locally, some of the options include Andy’s Sunnyside Bowladrome in Danvers, the Bowl-O-Mat in Beverly, Leo's Metro Bowl in Peabody and Cape Ann Lanes in Gloucester.
- It's the end of an era for Hilltop Steak House. The iconic restaurant just down Route 1 in Saugus will close its doors Oct. 20. You can read more about why here.
- Kappy's in Danvers is also offering some tastings this weekend. Friday from 4-6 p.m. it's Van Gogh Vodka and Saturday there's Cointreau from 1-3 p.m. and Pavan from 4-7 p.m.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.