- "Once Upon a Winter Time" comes to the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers this Saturday (10:30 a.m.). Master storyteller Diane Edgecomb will attempt to warm your hearts and imaginations with a wintertime performance of tales from long ago. The stories are drawn from different cultures, including the lyrical Grimm's tale of “Snow White and Rose Red” to tales of folksy New England escapades. There will be crafts and refreshments after the performance. To sign up, call 978-774-0554 or visit the Children’s Room at the library.
- The Danvers Committee for Diversity is putting on the annual Drum Majors for Justice Dinner Jan. 20 (6-9 p.m.) at the Danversport Yacht Club. The event is in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the public is welcome to attend. Tickets are $35 each and you can call the Planning Office at Town Hall to reserve your spot. The number is 978-777-0001 ext. 3095. The Danvers High Chamber Singers will also perform with the Interfaith Choir Follow Hymn.
- State Sen. Joan Lovely will be holding office hours for constituents on Friday (9-10 a.m.) at Danvers Town Hall.
- The Department of Public Works says Christmas tree pickup in town will be this Saturday, Jan. 11. Residents should leave their trees at the curb by 7 a.m. The DPW asks that all tinsel and ornaments be removed and trees cannot be in plastic bags.
- Do your dogs need grooming? Essex Aggie is putting on a groom-a-thon Saturday (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.) at the school. The Class of 2014 is accepting appointments for the day, but walk-ins are welcome. The event will be held at the school grooming lab and everything from a pedicure to a flea bath is available. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-774-0050 ext. 263 to make an appointment.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.