- The Open Space and Recreation Advisory Committee meets Thursday (6 p.m.) at Town Hall and among the items on the agenda is discussion of a recent site visit to land owned by St. Mary of the Annunciation to the rear of the church's cemetery on Hobart Street. Neighbors fear the church is looking to sell a large part of the land off for development and they're asking the town to consider purchasing the property instead. The committee meets in the Public Works Conference Room.
- Open house at NSCC: The Aesthetics & Skin Care program at North Shore Community College is hosting an open house Thursday at 6 p.m. Stop in to learn about job opportunities in the field as well as more about the program itself. The open house is in Maude Hall at Essex Aggie located at 562 Maple St.
- DARE to golf: The Danvers Police Department's annual D.A.R.E. golf tournament is coming up Sept. 16 at the Ferncroft Country Club. You can also find more info on the department's website.
- Are you a senior citizen and do you ride the T? State Sen. Joan Lovely is hosting a Senior CharlieCard Day over at the Torigian Center in Peabody Sept. 16. Local seniors can stop by to sign up for reduced fare cards.
- Who wants to be the next Mrs. Essex County? The annual pageant, which occurs during the Topsfield Fair, invites married women living in Essex County over the age of 18, with general appearance, poise, outgoing personality and a spirit of volunteerism, to enter the contest. Contestants also whip up a homemade food item for the judges.
- Danvers Community Access TV is looking for volunteer sports announcers for football or basketball games at Danvers High. Interested? Call over to the studio.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.