- Some more pink bracelets showed up at Saturday's basketball game between Assumption College and American International in Worcester. Mike Uva tells us the Hounds were selling the bracelets to raise money for the Colleen Ritzer Memorial Scholarship Fund. Ritzer was a 2011 Assumption grad. The bracelets were created by a fellow Assumption alum Katelyn Mahoney in the days after her friend's death and bear Ritzer's motto: "Find Good in Every Day."
- State of the Union: President Barack Obama will deliver his fifth State of the Union address Tuesday night (9 p.m.). Major networks will broadcast the speech live or you can also watch live via www.whitehouse.gov.
- Town Senior Planner Kate Day says Tuesday night's Planning Board meeting has been canceled because both of the applicants who were scheduled to appear before the board requested instead to continue their hearings without discussion. The board’s next meeting will be Feb. 11 (7 p.m.) in the Toomey Room at Town Hall.
- The Danvers Public Schools are holding a Family Math & Literacy Night for grades K-5 Wednesday in the Holten-Richmond Middle School cafeteria from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The snow date is Feb. 5. There will be family-oriented games, contests, challenges and crafts all designed to improve your child's math and reading skills. In lieu of a registration fee, bring a non-perishable food donation for the Danvers People-to-People Food Pantry. Registration is required and space is limited. Check to see if there's still space available by calling Title One Coordinator Maria DiChiara at 978-777-4539 ext. 2441 or via email at email@example.com.
- We understand that Country Night is this Friday at the Maple Street Tavern, starting at 7 p.m. with DJ Scott Sica.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.