- The Planning Board will be conducting a public hearing Tuesday night on the proposed project at St. John's Prep to construct a new 73,875-square-foot science, technology, engineering and math academic building at the Spring Street campus. The board will be reviewing a request for a major modification to the existing site plan. St. John’s is also converting the existing Brother Benjamin Hall into a middle school for grades 6-8. You can find the full agenda here.
- Other town board meetings this week: The Downtown Improvement Committee meets Tuesday (8 a.m.) and the Rail Trail Advisory Committee meets Thursday (6 p.m.) along with the Danvers Recreation Committee (7 p.m.).
- If you're thinking about enrolling at North Shore Community College this year, you can get a jumpstart on the process by taking advantage of a free on-the-spot admission event Tuesday afternoon at the Danvers campus. Classes start Jan. 21.
- Want to learn about the history behind Howard Johnson's? Boston historian and author Anthony Sammarco will be at the library Wednesday evening to talk about his book on the subject.
- St. John's Prep hosts its annual Empty Bowls Dinner Party Thursday (6 p.m.) to benefit Haven from Hunger. Come purchase a custom made bowl, fill it with tasty soup and support a local food pantry.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.