- The town will publicly dedicate the new Francis F. Mills Communication Center next Monday (7 p.m.) at Danvers High School. The ceremony will be at the start of the School Committee meeting. Room E105 is a chorus room next to the auditorium used for chorus by day and meeting space by night. The School Committee took a vote two years ago to keep Mills with Danvers High post-renovations. The IMC Room, which was demolished in the construction, was first named for Mills back in 1991. Mills died in 1992 at the age of 77. He was the Town Moderator for 23 years and served in several other ways including as a member of Town Meeting, the Board of Appeals and the Finance Committee. He was the father of current Selectman and former judge David Mills.
- Laura Prescott is back at the library Wednesday evening for the second part in a series of genealogy.
- Jeremy D’Entremont is at the library Oct. 23 to talk about "Haunted Lighthouses of New England"...or are they? D'Entremont shares firsthand knowledge of some of the mystifying tales and spine-chilling events that have taken place in New England lighthouses.
- Tryouts are coming up for Danvers Girls Basketball for the 2013-2014 season at Holten-Richmond Middle School. Here's the schedule: Oct. 24, 6th graders from 6-7 p.m., 7th graders from 7-8 p.m. and 8th graders from 8-9 p.m. Oct. 29, 6th graders, 6-7 p.m., 7th graders, 7-8 p.m., 8th graders from 8-9 p.m. Check out www.danversgirlsbasketball.org for more details.
- The Polish Club is taking a bus down to Foxwoods on Sunday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.