- The town's new Christmas tree was installed in the square on Monday and among the ornaments now adorning the 30-foot tall blue spruce is a special star in memory of Colleen Ritzer. The ornament bears her name below the quote: "Find good in every day." All the ornaments on the tree were made by the Danvers Garden Club.
- The annual ceremony for the Tree of Lights in support of Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston is on Wednesday (5 p.m.) outside People's United Bank in the square.
- The Peabody Institute Library of Danvers is holding its annual holiday open house on Saturday and is inviting supporters to "lend a plant" for the occasion. You can purchase a poinsettia that will be used to decorate the library with on Saturday and then pick it up on Sunday for your own use. Orders need to be by Wednesday.
- Have you checked out the Designers' Holiday Show House series at Glen Magna yet? On Wednesday, Dana Markos will be demonstrating current techniques in floral design and holiday table displays. You can find more information on tickets here.
- You can bring your furry friends over to PetSmart on Saturday for a photo with Santa and support the Protection of Animals in Wakefield Society, Inc. (PAWS) at the same time. Photo times are 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.