- Family portraits for charity: Danvers Community Access Television is offering professional family portraits during the Downtown Holiday Festival this Saturday from 2-5 p.m. for a donation of $5. The portraits will be taken at the DCAT studio at 87 Elm St. and all donations will benefit the Danvers Kiwanis and the Eliminate Project. DCAT will also email you a digital copy of your portrait. The Eliminate Project’s mission is to eliminate neonatal tetanus, which kills an estimated 60,000 newborns and a significant number of women each year in countries around the world. Contact Dana Healy at 978-777-2720 or email@example.com for more information.
- This Friday's Oniontown cabaret show is in a Christmas setting. The variety entertainment begins at 7 p.m. at Tapley Hall. Admission is $5 at the door.
- The Barn Workshop over at 245 Maple St. is putting on a holiday show and sale Friday evening. Local artists will be featuring a selection of pottery, jewelry, wood, paintings, photography, sculpture, carved gourds and glass.
- Maple Street Tavern is having an ugly sweater party on Saturday. Whoever comes in wearing the ugliest sweater wins the grand prize. There will be frosty drinks specials and a holiday festival dinner menu.
- There's a Christmas Greens Sale over at the Carriage House at Endicott Park on Saturday from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. The sale is hosted by the Danvers Garden Club.
- Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church will hold its annual Music, Poetry & Tea concert on Sunday at 5 p.m. The candlelit concert will be interwoven with nativity poems. It's free and the public is welcome to attend.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.