- Ocean State Job Lot kicks off its “Educator Partnership” Thursday with a savings program for teachers and educators throughout the Northeast. The Danvers store is located in the Endicott Plaza. From Aug. 8-21 all educators will receive a 30 percent discount on eligible school supplies. Proof of employment, such as a pay stub and ID, is required upon checkout. Eligible products include brand name stationery products and art supplies. For more information visit www.osjl.com.
- Firearms licensing continues at the Danvers police station. Check the schedule for upcoming dates and stop in with the proper paperwork. No appointment is necessary.
- Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston is holding a fundraiser Aug. 15 for its annual walk. The benefit will be held at The Atrium with Kim Carrigan as emcee for the night.
- The first annual peach festival is coming up Aug. 17 at Connors Farm. Admission is $6 and there will be music, barnyard animals, a bounce house and jumping pillow, duck races, pedal carts, hayrides, cow train and a grain train. A portion of the proceeds from the day benefit the National Breast Cancer Association.
- In case you missed it, the deadline is approaching on Aug. 12 to register your kid(s) to ride the school bus this coming school year.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.