- There's a new attraction at the Little Shop of Treasures, would you believe a life size fiberglass cow? The four-legged mammal is straight from the Hilltop Steakhouse in fact. Dave and Angela Luongo, owners of the novelty toy shop at the Liberty Tree Mall, just recently acquired one of the shuttered restaurant's cows through a friend and thought it would make a fitting addition to their shop. The cow just arrived on Sunday. All are welcome to stop by and admire the bovine beauty, and no, she's not for sale.
- With New Year's Day on Wednesday, trash and recycling pickup will be delayed one day and all town and federal offices will be closed. The library will also be closed on Wednesday and closes early at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
- While some other neighboring cities and towns extend closing time on New Year's Eve for bars, restaurants and other establishments serving alcohol, Danvers does not. Last call is still 1 a.m.
- The Danvers Public Schools return from winter break on Thursday, Jan. 2.
- The Danvers Falcons' varsity basketball teams take on Gloucester Friday. The girls (3-1) travel to the Fishermen's home court while the boys (4-0) play host. The Gloucester boys are also undefeated at 4-0. Both games start at 7 p.m.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.