- The Danvers High Class of 1978 is reuniting to celebrate 35 years on Sept. 28 at Timothy's. There will be a special ticket sale this Thursday at Town Hall from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday is also the national Drive 4 Pledges Day sponsored by AT&T, which urges residents and motorists everywhere not to text and drive.
- The 468th U.S. Army Firefighters are waging a war on diabetes and they need your help. Goodies Ice Cream Parlor is hosting a scoop-a-thon Friday afternoon to do just that. Twenty of the proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. And we understand McGruff the Crime Dog will also make an appearance thanks to the Danvers and Peabody police.
- The 20th Annual Danvers Kiwanis Rubber Duck Race is this Saturday. Rain or shine, hundreds of ducks will be dumped into the Porter River next to Popes Landing for the race. There are prizes for the top three racers and 10 runner-ups. Pre-race festivities start at 1:30 p.m. Proceeds from the event benefit local college scholarships. You can find entry forms here.
- Farm Festival: And also over in Beverly, Moraine Farm is holding a Farm Festival open to the public. The festival offers tours, kid-friendly fun, farm animals, lectures, homemade goodies and storytelling activities sponsored by the six nonprofit organizations that own and manage the 170-acre farm.