- Danvers resident Catherine Franklin was recently named Assistant Nursing Dean at the MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston.
- Household Hazardous Waste Day is Saturday. Safely dispose of household cleaners and other items from 8 a.m. - noon at the town transfer station.
- A haunted cornfield and zombie paintball grab your fancy? That's what's going on at Connors Farm on Friday. More details here.
- The Topsfield Fair also opens on Friday. Hours are 1-11 p.m. A few special items to note are the grand pumpkin weigh-off Friday (starting at 4 p.m. in the arena), fireworks Friday night after 9 p.m., the grand parade from the Topsfield Common Saturday at 9 a.m. and the Monster Truck show, which is new this year and will be Saturday only. And every year the fair also hosts a pageant for kids ages 5-8 to crown a new Junior King and Queen to represent the fair at local parades and other events throughout the year. The deadline to enter is Friday. The pageant itself is Saturday at 11:30 a.m.
- The Board of Health will meet on Monday, Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. to discuss Covanta's application to expand operations at the town transfer station.