- Promotions: Several veteran Danvers police officers and firefighters will be formally sworn in to their new ranks this Thursday during a ceremony at Danvers High School. The promotions were announced this past fall. Thursday's ceremony is at 6 p.m. in the auditorium and foyer of the high school. The public is welcome to attend.
- The Conservation Commission meets Thursday (7 p.m.) and, among other agenda items, will continue a public hearing on a Notice of Intent for an expansion at the indoor sports facility at 150 Andover St.
- State Sen. Joan Lovely will be holding office hours for constituents on Friday (9-10 a.m.) at Danvers Town Hall.
- The Department of Public Works says Christmas tree pickup in town will be this Saturday, Jan. 11. Residents should leave their trees at the curb by 7 a.m. The DPW asks that all tinsel and ornaments be removed and trees cannot be in plastic bags.
- Do your dogs need grooming? Essex Aggie is putting on a groom-a-thon Saturday (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.) at the school. The Class of 2014 is accepting appointments for the day, but walk-ins are welcome. The event will be held at the school grooming lab and everything from a pedicure to a flea bath is available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 978-774-0050 ext. 263 to make an appointment.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.