- In addition to Little League, registration is also open now for Danvers Babe Ruth Baseball and Danvers Girls Softball. The softball league has actually been restructured for the 2014 season and tryouts will be held in March. You can find more details here. As for Babe Ruth, the deadline to sign up in the Prep and Major divisions is April 1 while the Senior division deadline is May 1. More details here.
- In other news, Paul Pawlak was recently appointed to fill the vacancy on the Finance Committee. The open spot was created when Diane Langlais joined the Board of Selectmen this spring. Pawlak was appointed by Town Moderator Patricia Frazier and had his first meeting as a committee member on Wednesday when the FinCom reviewed warrant articles for the upcoming Special Town Meeting.
- The Danvers Traffic Advisory Committee meets Thursday (6 p.m.) in the Toomey Room at Town Hall to review traffic related to St. John's Prep's new middle school program.
- The Conservation Commission also meets Thursday (7 p.m.) in the Toomey Room for its regular meeting. On the agenda is a public hearing for a Notice of Intent to replace the culvert at 229 Maple St.
- The Phillips House Museum in Salem is offering free admission to Danvers residents this Sunday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.