- Danvers' Meghan Duggan and the U.S. Olympic Women's Ice Hockey Team are scheduled to depart for Sochi, Russia on Saturday and the well wishes abound in various forms, including this banner downtown in Danvers. The Games start Feb. 7 and the women's team takes the ice Feb. 8 against Finland.
- On another note, Panini Pizzeria on Cherry Street opened a second location in Middleton back in November at 15 North Main St. Have you stopped by yet? Is the pizza just as good?
- The Danvers Public Schools are holding a Family Math & Literacy Night for grades K-5 Wednesday in the Holten-Richmond Middle School cafeteria from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The snow date is Feb. 5. There will be family-oriented games, contests, challenges and crafts all designed to improve your child's math and reading skills. In lieu of a registration fee, bring a non-perishable food donation for the Danvers People-to-People Food Pantry. Registration is required and space is limited. Check to see if there's still space available by calling Title One Coordinator Maria DiChiara at 978-777-4539 ext. 2441 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Modern square dancing classes kick off Wednesday at All Saints Episcopal Church.
- The 11th Annual Snow Ball Dance put on by the Danvers YMCA is also coming up this Saturday. Have you purchased your ticket yet? Proceeds from the event go toward financial assistance for youth and families in the area.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.