Today is Thursday, Dec. 12. Here are five things to know today in Danvers.
- Wreaths Across America is coming to Danvers on Saturday. The nationwide tour seeks to place wreaths at the graves of veterans, thereby remembering fallen soldiers, honoring all who've served and teach children about the freedoms they now enjoy thanks to veterans' sacrifices. The wreaths are sponsored by individuals or families. The ceremony is slated for noon at St. Mary of the Annunciation Cemetery on Hobart Street.
- Local nightclub singer Johnny Ray will be performing at Timothy's Friday and Saturday. Joining him Friday are past bandmates David Alexander, an alum of The Monkees' Davey Jones and currently touring with The Micky Dolenz Band, and David Robicheau, who's currently touring with David Cassidy.
- Danvers author Jed Power will be at the Used Book Superstore Saturday for a book signing on his new Hampton Beach murder mystery series.
- The Back Bay Ringers are in concert at Maple Street Church on Saturday for a holiday performance.
- Local musicians Jim and Maggi Dalton will be performing a Victorian Christmas show at the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers on Saturday.