Valentine's Day can be a pain when you're not in a relationship.
We've been mentioning , , and .
But what about those who are celebrating the day alone?
Here are our suggestions for things to do around town if you don't have a Valentine:
1. Have a date with a single friend (or friends!): Valentine's Day is a celebration of love, and it doesn't necessarily have to be the lovey-dovey type. Rather than spending the night alone, invite your best single friends over for a nice dinner at home (going out and seeing couples may make you a little sad.) Play some games, chat about work and friends, and try not to gossip about your friends in relationships.
2. Check out a local event: Head over to the Peabody Essex Museum and check out exhibit, or catch an Oscar-nominated movie like the Artist, the Descendants, or Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close at .
3. Treat yourself to a manicure/pedicure/haircut, etc. all over town for spa and manicure/pedicure packages. Just because you're single, it doesn't mean the specials don't apply to you, too! Take advantage of a relaxing massage or facial, or get your hair cut for a fresh look.
4. Try something new: is always offering new classes on their Facebook page, and has several Tuesday classes.
5. Ignore it! Since Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year, it won't be too hard to continue with your usual week day schedule. Plus, think about all the money you're saving on flowers and chocolates.
What are you going to do on Valentine's Day? Let us know in the comments.