Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Dec. 11.
1. Clearing: Tuesday is forecasted to start out a little rainy, but by day’s end the sky is expected to begin to clear. Temperatures will be in the 40s.
2. Firehouse: The Danvers Fire Department is expected to receive at the Firehouse Subs shop across from Liberty Tree Mall. The donation will be made official during a 2:30 p.m. event. The money will go toward hose, a valve and automatic monitor nozzle for the Fire Department.
3. Gas: The least expensive gallon of gasoline was $3.35 per gallon for regular at the Stop and Shop gas station on Route 1 south. The average price per gallon is $3.51, the exact same average as six months ago. Gulf Express on Route 114 at Phillips 66 on Maple Street at Hobart Street also have some of the lower prices in town.
4. Christmas party: The downtown business community is holding it annual Christmas party on Tuesday night from 4:30-7 p.m. at the Masonic Temple on High Street.
5. Downtown Improvement: The Downtown Improvement Committee meets on Tuesday morning. The committee meets at 8 a.m. in the Town Manager’s conference room at Town Hall, where it will do a recap of the Holiday Festival and also discuss the new overnight winter parking rules.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.