Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Dec. 12.
1. Sun: Yippee, the forecast on Wednesday calls for sun from start to finish with temperatures into the low 40s.
2. Menorah Lighting: The lighting of the Grand Menorah at neighboring North Shore Mall in Peabody will happen on Wednesday night. The Hanukkah party for all ages will run from 4:30-6 p.m. with everything from latkes and donuts to face painting and arts and crafts. It happens in the J.C. Penney wing.
3. Concert: An impressive collection of musical superstars come together on Wednesday night for the 12-12-12 concert to benefit victim of Hurricane Sandy. Live from Madison Square Garden, there are several area radio stations that will broadcast the concert, including The Harbor 101.7 from Lynn and Rock 101 at 101.1 FM from Manchester, N.H.
4. Student Lunch: Wednesday marks the final day before the holiday break that you can get a $5 four-course lunch prepared by students at North Shore Community College. The lunches have been served on Wednesdays and Thursday all this fall. For reservations, call 978-762-4000, x1538 for one of the two seating times, either 11 a.m. or 11:45 a.m.
5. Toys for Tots: The deadline to make donations to Toys for Tots at some of the drop-off locations is Wednesday. The absolute final drop-off deadline is Monday, Dec. 17. There are more than 40 drop-off locations in Danvers, including Pier 1, Used Book Superstore and Honda North.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.