Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Dec. 19.
1. Maybe Sun: There’s the possibility that sun will return on Wednesday. The forecast calls for the day to start out with some precipitation but later give way to partly sunny skies with temperatures well into the 40s with gusty winds.
2. Waffles: If it’s Wednesday, it’s got to be Waffle Wednesday at the Senior Center. It runs 9 a.m.-noon and costs $2.
3. Famers Market: The colder fall weather has not stopped some local farmers markets, including in Beverly, Newburyport and Salem. Beverly’s fall market has been happening on Wednesdays at this week in the final market, at the Cove Community Center at 19 East Corning St., from 3-7 p.m. There’s everything form meat and cheese to scones and cookies on sale.
4. Girl Scout Cookies: Do you want to make Girl Scout cookies part of your holidays? You can stop by Stop and Shop at Danvers Plaza on Wednesday to buy a box (or two). Brownie Troop 63181 will have all the favorites for sale for $4 per box from 3-7 p.m. Anyone who buys five boxes or more in entered into a drawing to win five cases. And you will also have the opportunity to buy a box as part of the “Cookies for a Cause” program to donate to Danvers People to People Food Pantry.
5. Santa: Santa Claus will land his sleigh at the McDonalds on High Street on Wednesday. He’ll be there from 5-8 p.m. Santa will be putting on a coloring contest, ornament making and face painting! Plus, while Santa is there 15 percent of the sales will go toward Danvers Family Festival.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.