Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Dec. 27.
1. Storm: A storm that moved in overnight on Wednesday is expected to last until at least midday on Thursday, starting as snow before changing over to rain for most of the day on Thursday. It will be very windy and temperatures will be in the 40s.
2. Films: "Gloucestermen" and "Puritans Arrival in New England," both 30-minute long historical films, will be shown at the library on Thursday night. The films start at 7 p.m. For more info, call 978 -777-2711.
3. Christmas Trees: Are you trying to figure out what you are going to do with your Christmas Tree? On Wednesday we brought you all the info about the townwide curbside pickup that is planned for next month.
4. Giving Garden: The final day of the Giving Garden at Liberty Tree Mall is Thursday. The Giving Garden has five trees, each dedicated to support a local charity or organizations with ornaments with wishes specific for the charity and shoppers can purchase an item listed on the ornament. The charities and organizations this year are Haven from Hunger, Hyundai Village of Danvers, Operation Troop Support, Salvation Army Angel Tree and Toys for Tots.
5. Deck the House: Thursday is the next to last day of voting in Patch’s Deck the House contest, and a Danvers home in a finalist. The Elliott residence on Arthur Street is in the running to be the national winner, which would mean $100,000 for the Danvers Public Schools.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.