Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Friday, Dec. 28.
1. Sun: The sun is expected to return to the sky on Friday, with the forecast calling for high temperatures in the mid-30s and wind gusts up to 30 miles per hour.
2. Gas: The least expensive gallon of gas in Danvers on Thursday was $3.35 for regular at several gas stations, including Gulf Express on Andover Street (Route 114) and Newbury Street (Route 1), Stop and Shop on Route 1 and A.L. Prime at Holten and Prime streets.
3. Trash: Do not forget, trash pickup continues to be delayed by a day this week. Trash pickup on Friday morning is for residents who typically get pickup on Thursdays.
4. Deck the House: It is the final day of voting in Patch’s Deck the House contest, and a Danvers home in a finalist. The Elliott residence on Arthur Street is in the running to be the national winner and they need as many votes as possible to put them on top to win $100,000 for the Danvers Public Schools.
5. Drunken Driving: Mothers Against Drunk Driving and State Police will join up on Friday for a press conference to address drunken driving on Friday in advance of the New Year’s holiday. The two groups will publicize the “Drive Sober or get Pulled Over” campaign that is underway and will run through New Year’s Day.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.