Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Dec. 4.
1. Beautiful: There’s another beautiful day coming up on Tuesday, with again sunny skies and temperatures into the 50s.
2. TIPS: Bars and restaurants that serve alcohol are always under a watchful eye in Danvers. And the best way to avoid appearing before Selectmen to answer allegations of misdoing is to make sure the staff is properly trained. One of the training sessions is coming up on Tuesday the Danvers Police Department where a TIPS training, which stands for Training for Intervention ProcedureS, runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is being hosted for free for Danvers businesses by DanversCARES.
3. Giving Garden: The Giving Garden remains open at Liberty Tree Mall, where shoppers can pick an ornaments from one of five trees. Each ornament contains a specific wish for several local organization that shoppers can buy to meet the organization’s needs.
4. School: The school schedule returns to normal on Tuesday after a teacher conference day on Monday. But don’t forget, Wednesday is an early release day with Danvers High School and Holten-Richmond Middle School getting out at 12:45 p.m. and the elementary schools getting out at 1:15 p.m.
5. Selectmen: The Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, where on its agenda it has plans to renew liquor licenses for 2013, discuss regulating medical marijuana dispensaries and continue a discussion on the winter parking ban.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.