Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
1. Sun: The sun will return to the sky on Monday and temperatures will be mild – getting into the mid-40s. This will be welcome weather after Monday’s rain on top of the snow from the blizzard.
2. Fat Tuesday: Tuesday is Fat Tuesday, also known as Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day. It is celebrated by Christians before Lent starts on Ash Wednesday.
3. Lincoln’s Birthday: Next Monday is the Presidents Day holiday, but President Abraham Lincoln – our 16th president - was born on this day in 1809 in Hodgenvile, Ky. In some states, today is also a holiday, but not in Massachusetts.
4. Pancakes: All Saints of the Northshore is hosting a Pancake and Sausage Supper in O'Neill Hall at the Cherry Street church from 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday. It is free and donations to Haven from Hunger will be accepted.
5. New Neighborhood: The Danvers Planning Board will meet on Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. The board will hear plans for a four-lot single-family subdivision at 195-197 Centre Street called Duffill Drive.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.