Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Feb. 14.
1. Clouds: Thursday is forecasted to start cloudy with an increasing chance of sun coming out later. Temperatures should again get up into the 40s.
2. Chocolate: The 11th annual Salem So Sweet, Chocolate and Ice Sculpture Festival had originally been planned to wrap up on Thursday, but due to last weekend’s blizzard it has been extended through the coming weekend. Ice sculptures will be in display this weekend all over the downtown area, which was postponed from last weekend.
3. Jobs: BAYADA Home Health Care is holding its final recruitment open house for certified nursing assistants and home health aides on Thursday. The open house will be held from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. at the Bayada office at 20 Conant St., Suite 1B. The company provides home health care services that allow people to live at home.
4. News: The best way to keep up with Danvers Patch is to get our free morning newsletter in your e-mail inbox. If you do not get it, you can sign up for free.
5. Food: The Danvers Historical Society is hosting its Annual Cuisine Fundraiser on Thursday night at Tapley Memorial Hall. Local restaurants and will serves dishes buffet style along with champagne and wine and entertainment by The Looking Back Band.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.