Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Friday, Feb. 15.
1. 50s: The temperature is expected to get above 50 on Friday with mostly sunny skies. It will be windy too, with gusts up to 25 miles per hour out of the southwest.
2. Groupon: There’s a deal right now from Groupon that’s right here in Danvers. The deal website is offering $40 worth of food for $20 or $80 worth of food for $35 at Brutole. So far, 160 people have purchased it.
3. Girl Scout Cookies: Friday is Girl Scout Cookie Day, rescheduled from last Friday because of the blizzard. Check Twitter for a lot of the action on Friday with the #onemorebox hashtag to win some prizes and follow @GirlScoutsEMass to find out the location of the Girl Scout Cookie booths that will be putting on contests to win a case of Girl Scout cookies.
4. Perfect Pitch: Are you a business owner looking for tips for the “perfect investor pitch”? There’s a free session on Friday morning at the Enterprise Center at Salem State University titled ““In Search of the Perfect Investor Pitch.” The event will be put on by Phil Holberton, winner of the 2008 Enterprise Center Business Plan Contest. It runs from 7:30-10 a.m.
5. Boat Show: The New England Boat Show starts on Saturday in Boston and it will has some representation from Danvers. Portside Marine and Danversport Yacht Club will both be there. The show runs from Feb. 16-24 in 365,000 square feet at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. There will be more than 750 boats on display and tickets are $15 for adults and free for kids 15 and under.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.