Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Feb. 18.
1. Freezing: The high temperature on Monday is forecasted to be about freezing – 32 degrees – with sunny skies and winds gusting to 44 miles per hour.
2. Cookie: Any purchase at Subway sandwich shops on Monday gets you on free cookie on what the chain is calling Free Cookie Day. In Danvers, there’s a location inside Walmart off Route 114 plus one just over the line in Peabody on Route 114.
3. Presidents: Monday is Presidents Day, a federal holiday that combines both Lincoln and Washington’s birthdays to honor all presidents.
4. Columbia: Gov. Deval Patrick is on a trade mission in Columbia with his wife Diane and several administration and business leaders through Wednesday. On Monday, Patrick will meet with U.S. Ambassador to Colombia P. Michael McKinley and Vice Minister of Commerce, Industry and Tourism Gabriel Andre Duque Mildenberg, among other scheduled meetings.
5. Boat Show: The New England Boat Shows continues this week in Boston and with representation from Danvers. Both Danversport Yacht Club and Portside Marine are set up at the show, which is is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday and runs through Feb. 24 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.