Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily source for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Feb. 18.
1. Sun: The sun should peek through on Wednesday and it will be another windy day. The temperature will be in the mid-30s most of the day and there’s a chance of snow flurries later in the day. The wind could gust up to 30 miles per hour.
2. Trash: Trash pickup continues to be delayed by a day all week after the President's Day holiday on Monday, so if your usual pickup day is Tuesday the trash truck will come by today. If your usual pickup day is Wednesday, make sure your trash is out first thing on Thursday.
3. Magic: It was 36 years ago Wednesday that Marco the Magi - Cesareo Pelaez – started his magic show in neighboring downtown Beverly. He went on to become a North Shore legend before dying last March and the show has ended.
4. Amour: Moviegoers to the film “Amour” at the AMC Loews theater at Liberty Tree Mall on Wednesday can get a free “light snacker popcorn” and soda with a ticket purchase. The special is good only on Wednesday with an online coupon. Showtimes are 10:30 a.m. and 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30 p.m.
5. Cookies: There’s more opportunities this week to buy Girl Scout cookies. A local Daisies troop will be at Cherry Street Fish Market on Wednesday and Thursday from 3-6 p.m.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.