Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Feb. 4.
1. Sun: The sun is expected to be in the sky for most of Monday, with temperatures getting into the low 30s. The wind will return again, with gusts that could get up to 30 miles per hour.
2. DanversCARES: The DanversCARES group meets at Danvers High School at 9 a.m. on Monday, where it agenda includes discussion of the upcoming prom season, among other things.
3. Sunset: The days are getting longer every day, and over the weekend we passed an important mark – the sun set after 5 p.m. for the first time since early September.
4. Premier Hoops: The Premier Hoops Select teams takes players from all over the North Shore and on Monday night they are holding tryouts for 5th and 6th grade boys for its spring select teams. The tryouts are at St. Val’s Church in Peabody, with 5th graders at 6:30-7:30 p.m. and 6th graders from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
5. Ice Cream: The Ice Cream for Breakfast fundraiser at Cherry Farm Creamery seems to have been a hit over the weekend. While there’s no official tally yet about how much money was raised for the Danvers Dog Park, the line stretched across the parking lot for all the breakfast delights with ice cream.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.