Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Feb. 5.
1. Mix: The sky will be a mix of clouds with the chance of sun today, but temperatures will stay cold. The wind will be much lighter on Tuesday, with the strong gusts of Monday behind us. The temperature will not get out of the 20s.
2. Sliders: Pizza Hut used the Super Bowl to unveil its latest creation – pizza sliders. And it wants to give them away on Tuesday afternoon so everyone can give them a try. You can get them from 4-7 p.m. at Pizza Hut on Route 114.
3. Business Books: Get all the important lessons of business books without spending time reading the entire book at Business Book Reviews hosted by Mike Sobus. The next session is Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. at 27 Garden St.
4. Pancakes: Tuesday is National Pancake Day, according to International House of Pancakes. And the chain is giving away a free small stack of pancakes in exchange for a donation to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and other charities. The only two IHOP locations in our area are on Route 1 northbound in Saugus and Highland Avenue in Salem.
5. Selectmen: The Danvers Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Danvers Town Hall with a full agenda that range from a discussion about taxi operators in town to a hearing about the second-hand junk dealer licenses for two local businesses.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.