Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Jan. 1.
1. Sun: The sun is expected to make an appearance on Tuesday, with high temperatures getting to the mid-30s - much the same as Monday. The winds will also be gusting as strong as 30 miles per hour.
2. Winter Parking: The trial run for the new wintertime overnight parking rules in Danvers officially starts on Tuesday. After a Board of Selectmen vote, overnight on-street parking will be allowed for the rest of the winter unless a parking ban is announced.
3. Vacation: Students, enjoy the final day of vacation. The holiday break comes to an end on Tuesday and students head back to school on Wednesday.
4. Trash: It is the same routine this week as last week for trash pickup. There is no pickup on Tuesday because of the New Year’s Day holiday. For the rest of the week, pickup will be delayed by a day, so those who typically get pickup on Tuesday will instead get trash picked up on Wednesday morning.
5. Gas: A gallon of regular gas is selling for a low as $3.39, according to BostonGasPrices.com. It was $3.39 at the Gulf Express on Route 1 and A.L. Prime on Holten Street.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.