Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
1. Clouds: Clouds are forecast to stick around all day and temperatures will stay in the upper 20s on Tuesday. The wind will blow out of the northwest with gusts up to 25 miles per hour.
2. Clark School: If you want to learn more about Clark School, you will have a chance on Tuesday. Clark School is hosting a High School Info Night on Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. with staff and faculty on hand to answer questions.
3. Finance Reports: Local candidates are facing a Tuesday deadline to submit Staff from the state Office of Campaign and Political Finance will be available until 9 p.m. by phone to answer questions.
4. Unemployment: Tuesday we will find out how many people in Danvers are without a job in our ongoing economic slump. The state Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development will release town-by-town unemployment data for December. Last month, the statewide unemployment rate was 6.7 percent, up .1 percent from a month earlier.
5. Planning Board: The Planning Board had a regularly scheduled meeting planned for Tuesday night, but it has been cancelled. The board next meets on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.