Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Jan. 29.
1. Clouds: After Monday night’s storm moves out, clouds are expected to stick around for most of the day on Tuesday. The temperature will get into the mid-30s and the wind will be light.
2. Kindergarten: Registration for Danvers Public School kindergarten began on Monday and runs all week. Registration on Tuesday runs 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Peabody Institute Library, plus there is also an evening registration session from 5-8 p.m.
3. Business of Restaurants: Some people dream of dropping it all and starting their own restaurant. Curious? On Tuesday the Enterprise Center at Salem State University is hosting “The Business of Restaurants,” with a panel that will include George Carey, founder of Finz in Salem. The event at the Enterprise Center runs 8:30-10:30 a.m. and is free to walk-ins if the session has not filled from pre-registration.
4. St. Mary’s: If you are considering having your child attend St. Mary of the Annunciation school next year, the pre-k to grade 8 school is hosting an open house on Tuesday morning. It is scheduled for 9:30-11 a.m. where tours, refreshments and conversation with students and staff will all be available.
5. Hospice: Danvers-based Hospice of the North Shore and Greater Boston will start a new training on Tuesday for prospective volunteers. The training last 16 hours and will be held at 75 Sylvan St., Suite B-102. The organization asks that anyone who is interest in volunteering contact them at 978-744-7566 or go online to its website.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.