Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Jan. 31.
1. Upside down: Thursday will be an “upside down” day weatherwise, with warm temperatures to start the day and then cooler temperatures later on. Temperatures in the 50s will drop into the 40s and eventually reach a low in the mid-20s overnight. Rain is also expected to move through on Thursday morning.
2. Kindergarten: Registration for Danvers Public School kindergarten runs all week and continues on Thursday at both 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. at Peabody Institute Library. Be sure to bring all along all the required forms.
3. John Kerry: Outgoing U.S. Senator John Kerry will go “Good Bye Massachusetts” in an event at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Faneuil Hall in Boston. Kerry was confirmed as the new Secretary of State earlier this week and is expected to be sworn in on Friday.
4. Underground Railroad: Dan Tremblay will present a short film about the Underground Railroad on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Peabody Institute Library. It is free and open to all.
5. Senator Lovely: The new state Senator representing Danvers, Joan Lovely, is holding office hours on Thursday. It will be held in the Town Manager’s conference room at Town Hall starting at 5:30 p.m.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.