Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Nov. 19.
1. Perfect: The streak of beautiful days continues on Monday, with the forecast calling for sunny skies and the high temperature getting close to 50 degrees.
2. Garden Club: The Danvers Garden Club meets on Monday night at Danversport Yacht Club at 7 p.m. where the workshop topic will be “Candlelight Glow for the Holiday Table,” led by Evie Fraser and Sharyn Longo. The winning tickets will be drawn at the meeting for the House Decorating Drawing.
3. Recipes: We’ll be bringing you some of the best Thanksgiving Day recipes from Patch readers here on the North Shore in the next few days. Monday is the last chance to submit your best recipe to share. Send it to Associate Regional Editor Chris Helms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Bi-Peds: Danvers Bi-Peds is having its regular monthly meeting on Monday night at the Endicott Park Carriage House. The meeting is open to all and the group will be planning monthly walks and other activities.
5. Giving Tree: This year’s Giving Garden and Giving Tree will be unveiled in a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Liberty Tree Mall on Monday. It happens at 11 a.m. in the Best Buy wing. The Giving Garden will have five trees, each dedicated to support a local charity or organizations. Each tree will have ornaments with wishes specific for the charity and shoppers can purchase an item listed on the ornament. The charities and organizations this year are Haven from Hunger, Hyundai Village of Danvers, Operation Troop Support, Salvation Army Angel Tree and Toys for Tots.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.