Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Nov. 26.
1. Gusty: Temperatures should warm up a bit on Monday over the 30s on Sunday, but the gusty winds will stick around. The forecast calls for temperatures in the mid-40s with wind gusts above 20 miles per hour.
2. Cyber Monday: There’s already been two big shopping days, each with its own moniker – there was Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. And now comes Cyber Monday, a holiday shopping day devoted to online shopping specials.
3. School: The four and a half day long Thanksgiving beak for the schools comes to an end on Monday with Danvers Public Schools students and staff headed back for a full day.
4. Deck the House: Monday marks the start of the 2012 edition of Patch’s “Deck the House” holiday lights contest. The nationwide winner gets $500 toward their light bill and $100,000 for their school district.
5. Signs: When the Danvers Zoning Board of Appeals meets on Monday night at 7 p.m. at Danvers Town Hall, it will hear several applications for a greater number of signs than allowed at car dealerships along Route 114.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.